August 9, 2010

Lydia's 1st birthday party.

Lydia's 1st birthday turned out to be a hit!

We had a giant slip and slide for everyone to enjoy.


Lydia wasn't so sure what to think about going down,
but everyone else sure enjoyed it!
Greg gets really intense faces going while going down.
He's pretty serious about his slip and slide skills.


I love her chubby body in this tiny bikini!
Lydia's cake was made by my friend Angie Haaga.
Didn't she do a fabulous job?
She can make you a fabulous cake to if you ask her!
Lydia just kind of sat there while we sang to her trying to figure 
out what the heck was going on.
But she sure enjoyed her cake.
I had to take her away from it to open presents.
We love our birthday girl.

7 comments:

The Rindi's said...

So cute!! And what a fun idea!! I hope one of my children is born in the summer so we can do fun stuff like that!! Your hair is so long!!!

ThE CrAZy GaTEs! said...

what a fun birthday! I'm so glad she ate her cake! Mckenzie would only tear her's apart! can't wait to see you guys!

Heather said...

Holy freaking fun!!! Where the heck did you do that? I love your bathing suit (and lydia's) and you look gorgeous. It looks like you went all out!! (just as you should for a first birthday!!! It was so fun to see you. Thanks again for taking our pics, you're the best!!!

Kristen said...

You Simmons sure know how to through a awesome birthday bash! I still think a little jello in the cake would have made it just right ;) Oh well. There is always next year!

Unknown said...

It was a great birthday party! oh and I almost had to laugh alittle when you said that you like her chubby body in the little bikini...it came right after the picture of me and talan. Haha. I almost thought you were talking about me!
anyways, love that little lydia!!

{Layla} said...

that slip-n-slide is super cool.
that part is super cool.
and i am sure little miss. lydia is super cool too.
i need to her her again now that she is ONE. holy cow!

{Layla} said...

and i meant PARTY not part. =)